Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Nail Art: Vintage Roses

So my nail wheel and nail art brushes finally arrived, so I finally got to do a design I'd been planning for ages - a vintage rose look, inspired by a love of Cath Kidston and a good floral print!

This look was achieved using my old faithful, Models Own Jade Stone (two coats), dotted roughly with Models Own Peach Puff, highlighted with No 7 Pillar Box and using Nails Inc Regents Park Road for the leaves (probably my single favourite nail varnish - the one I'd take to a desert island, but that'll be another blog entry later).

The tools for the job:




I didn't take photos during the process, but can recommend this video as a 'how to'. You don't need a dotting tool to apply the pink/peach dots though: they only need to be rough, so the brush that comes with the bottle is fine.



These have attracted lots of comment already, including from the security guard in my local supermarket - that's how eye-catching they are! I love this design, and once again Models Own Jade Stone proves itself to be a versatile base colour for doing nail art with. I really can't recommend it highly enough! (I do not recommend Boots topcoat however - it pulls polishes even when designs are dry, and can leave brush strokes despite being clear. I'll be switching to Nails Inc Kensington Caviar ASAP).



ETA: I didn't realise it at the time, but I've ended up matching my PJs. I don't think I've ever been so well accessorised in my life. Shame no one gets to see it! lol. (Excuse the photo quality, but it was taken on my phone).


No comments:

Post a Comment