Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Monday 22 September 2014

September Stamping Challenge: Day 22 - Partial Stamp

So another day, another mani for Tina's monthly challenge, and this is a technique I have been meaning to practice for a while as it takes careful placement - using a stamp that only covers part of the nail. (To see what the other participants have been up to this month, find them all listed here).

I started by choosing a polish I owned but hadn't got around to wearing yet - Color Club Cherubic, a nude shade holographic. With a subtle, taupy shade, a stamp with fine detail felt appropriate, so out came Moyou Pro 02, and the 2-sided partial on the bottom row.


As well as Cherubic and the Pro 02 plate, I also used Konad black stamping polish, OPI Matte Nail envy (base) and HK Girl top coat.


I try to take photos in natural light, but with a holo, I have included the obligatory 'with flash' photo!
I do rather like the understatedness of this mani; I just need some more placement practice :)

Natural, direct sunlight:


Natural but indirect sunlight:



With flash:



As always, thanks for looking, and please feel free to leave a link to your blog in the comments, so that I can see what you're up to as well :)

4 comments:

  1. I blame you entirely for my new obsession with stamping! I have 3 MoYou plates already and a huge wishlist ready to go!

    Are you on instagram? If not you really should go on there - LOADS of stamping inspiration!!

    http://daydreamsanddee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I wish Moyou did a 'referred by a friend' thing, as I'm sure I'd be in for some serious discounts having spread the bug to you, Allison, my wee sister, and perhaps even more besides... The Moyou stuff is just so beautiful and great quality though! Let me know how you're getting on, and if you hit any issues - I hit several walls before finally cracking it, and I'm glad I stuck it out :)

      I am on Instagram, but I keep forgetting about it: boldandbeautyfool . Are on it too? If so, let me know your name and I'll give you a follow :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I should say it was the Adventures in Stamping group on fb that got my addicted and gave me the advice that got my over the humps. I think it's gone secret now, but if you're interested then I'll add you when I reactive fb :) One of them included Sumeet's beginners guide to stamping and where folk are normally going wrong.

      http://talesofcoffeelacquerandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/stamping-101-chapter-one-where-do-i.html

      http://talesofcoffeelacquerandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/stamping-101-chapter-2-method-to-madness.html

      http://talesofcoffeelacquerandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/stamping-101-chapter-3-it-still-won-work.html

      Delete
    3. Definitely add me to that group!! :-) I'm on insta as daydreaming_dee I just added you :-)

      Delete