Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Sunday 12 October 2014

October is Autumn: Day 12 - Lucky Penny (Copper)

So it's Day 12 of She Loves Lacquer Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge, and the colour is Lucky Penny (copper). I have a few polishes in this shade, but one spoke to me much louder than all others - my copper magnetic polish which, with the wave pattern magnet, creates an effect that I refer to as my 'tabby cat manicure'. So, here we have Nails Inc Westminster - the most striking of all their magnetics in my experience!

Nails Inc Westminster (Magnetic) in natural light (no direct sunlight)
Nails Inc Westminster (Magnetic) in natural but dull light


While I do love this polish (and all my other NI magnetics), I get no joy from applying it. It is thick, slow to dry and difficult to apply accurately - even with clean up, this manicure still looks ropey! This is compounded by having to dollop on a thick layer quickly (so fairly inaccurately) in order to get the magnet over it within seconds. So, even after a long drying time this polish is liable to sheeting and scraping damage (SV or HK Girl don't completely save it from this). It's not got great longevity either - I usually get only 24-48hrs chip-free when I wear it, as the formula has been sacrificed to achieve the effect. So, while being a pain and not suitable for regular wear, I still adore these polishes and they are brought out a few times a year. This autumn challenge has been a great excuse to re-air it!

Why not check up on what my fellow participants are up to as well? :)

The ingredients: Nails Inc Westminster (Magnetic). The black is Konad stamping polish, but I'm not presenting the stamped mani in full as I hate it! I was looking for a cat print e.g. tiger or leopard in my collection, but had to settle for giraffe and it doesn't work. The plate was Moyou Pro XL 05.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been able to get magnetic polishes to cooperate -- but you make it look so effortless! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina :) I wish it was effortless - it takes such swift work, and so often I accidentally touch the polish with the magnet and mark it! Every now and again though, it is worth that bit of effort :)

      Delete