Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Monday 6 October 2014

October is Autumn: Day 5 - Wine (Burgundy)

So the lovely She Loves Lacquer has set this month's challenge: to paint your nails a beautiful autumnal colour depending on the day of the month. Here's her colour scheme below: how sweet and varied is this? :)



So the 5th October called for a red wine colour, so I dug out my O.P.I. Skyfall, from the James Bond collection. It's a rich, deep red creme polish that is very brown-toned. While that may make it look a little boring in the bottle, it goes on like a dream and is a colour that looks good on my skin - I can't quite believe it's the first time I've used it in about 2 years! Like most OPIs, it does goes on easily (opaque in two coats) and lasts well on me. I did however put it on under a low energy light bulb last night, as my cuticle line now shows in the light of day. I really need a good lamp now that the evenings are pitch black again!

OPI Skyfall in natural (but dull) light


OPI Skyfall in daylight (no direct sun)
While this is lovely, I am however itching to stamp it, and am feeling that a gold design is in order... So, I'm sure this post will be updated soon. In the mean time, why not check out how my fellow participants are getting along :) Feel free to share your blog links so that I can see what you are up to as well! Thanks for reading :)

UPDATE: I have indeed added some gold stamping, with Barry M Gold Foil and Moyou Sailor 07. I'm so pleased with this - I had pictured this exact pattern in my mind, but wasn't sure if I owned it. I love it when a plan comes together!
OPI Skyfall, Barry M Gold Foil and Moyou Sailor 07, in natural light (no direct sun)
The ingredients. Does anyone else get this streaking with pure acetone? It doesn't wash off with hot water and liquid soap: I only find normal nail polish remover to work so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment